Re: [MV] Novel US GOVT. Mod to an M35A2

From: wwd@netheaven.com
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 06:27:02 PST

In <list-1531890@skylee.com>, on 02/03/2002
   at 09:19 PM, A762x54mm@aol.com said:

>In a message dated 2/3/02 3:14:12 PM Central Standard Time,
>rojoha@mediaone.net writes:

><< http://www.surplusbid.com/auction/lotinfo.cfm?eventid=0602&lotid=8711
>>>

>This is the second time up for auction on this truck, there is also
>another with a flat bed on it and winch in the bed..

Looks good. Flatbed is a nice quick'n dirty solution so you can actually
USE a deuce. But they re-attached the box to mine when it was delivered,
so maybe later I'll do it.

>Of course who in
>the hell lives anywhere near Holloman AFB?
>800 Miles from me!

That would make for a nice warm up & test run. Besides, don't you WANT a
truck that spent its life in the desert?

>The truck is actually at White Sands Missle Range. I called and inquired
>about it last year. I was told it was a runner and is in good shape by
>the GL POC, Michael Rivera....of course this is the same GL employee
>that told me to come on out and look at some trucks, then decided after
>I had driven 756 miles to El Paso that I couldn't look at them. There is
>not much of a market in El Paso for these things. If you want it bid
>low. I bet it sells for less than a grand......if at all. Transportation
>from that area will probably be expensive. I was quoted $2.50 a mile to
>haul a deuce and a half from there. Good thing I have my own
>transporter!

If I win this auction I can leave the tow-dolly at home!

>Gene Rivers
>72 AM/Gen M35A2 6x6 "Deuce and a Half"
>2 1/2 ton Troop/Cargo Truck, Hard Top Cab, Troop Seats,
>478ci Multi-Fuel Tubo Diesel, 10,000# PTO Winch, Air Shift Front Axle.
>"Got Mud?"

Bill

--
wwd@netheaven.com