Re: [GreenSix] Locking diff on a deuce?

From: M35products@aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 05:51:26 PST

In a message dated 2/6/2002 8:35:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
uniquemachine@air1.net writes:

<< I used to drive some old FWD 6x6 trucks at an old job I had.
  I don't know what kind of axles it had, but it had an air
 operated 'inter axle differential lock' that was controlled
 by a air switch like the ones used for the front axle engage
 on the deuces. When it was engaged, it made a huge
 difference in climbing steep slippery hills. I would love
 something like that for my M35A2.

 I may be incorrect, but I believe that the control to which you refer
engaged the second rear axle. Both rear axles on an M35 are always engaged.
apb