Re: [MV] Bike flaming flaming

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 04:49:52 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen L Dussetschleger" <dussetschleger@juno.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 10:09 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] Bike flaming flaming

> I prefer dusting the Hawgs with a '72 Honda CB 750 (70s orange metal
> flake with hard bags).
>
> *** OH boy. Drag races between old honda's & harleys. Whoopee. Course
> neither of them could handle a corner very well at the end of the
> straights. (straight lines, the wasted space between corners)
>
> Though I will bow to the odd Harley rider that actually rides more than
> he trailers the bike. Especially those that
> don't consider Evo's real bikes since they lack a kicker. (note the
> 72 Honda has electric start and a kicker)
>
> *****Again, gee how cute. My real bike has ONLY a kcik starter (1980
> Triumph Bonneville 750)
>
> Mil-Veh content. Harley & Indian made war bikes, as did Norton,
> Matchless, Triumph, etc. Did the Japanese make any for WWII ?

In the Early 1930's Harley sold and setup an entire motorcycle plant for the
Japanese after a nationwide eartquake that devstated the road system such as
it was. It was determined by the government that mororcycles were were the
only way to rebuild transport while the damage was repaired. In WWII all
civilian production bikes were impounded for Military use as was all
production from the plant. I beleive the plant porduced UL model bikes.
Unfortunately we bombed it to smithereens later in the war.

James Shanks
1998 IMZ 8.103 Russian OD paint job right from the Factory. (Built in the
original plant in Irbit, Siberia, Russia. Comes complete with sidecar.
www.ural.com
1984 HD FLHT-C