Re: [MV] U.S. Senate Bill Would Fund Private Vehicle Scrappage Programs

From: Mark Ehle (markehle@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 05:19:39 PST

I did contact my 2 senators here in Michigan, telling them that I oppose
this legislation.

Here is what Debbie Stabenow replied with:

Thank you . . .

. . . for contacting my office with your opposition to Section 803 of the
Energy Policy Act of 2002 (S. 1766). I appreciate that you have taken the
time to make me aware of your views and concerns.

I understand your concern with this bill. Please rest assured that the
purpose of Section 803 is not to eliminate hobby or collector's vehicles,
but to provide states with grant funding to establish a voluntary program
for those who are looking for a financial incentive to get rid of older,
less fuel efficient cars. This bill is currently on the Senate Legislative
Calendar. I will keep your opinions on this in mind as it continues through
the legislative process.

Thank you again for contacting my office. Please feel free to contact me
in the future if ever I can be of assistance to you and your family.

Sincerely,
Debbie Stabenow
United States Senator