Re: [MV] SECTION 803

From: Jay (dagobertii@home.com)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 07:33:50 PST

Maybe I'm UNDER-reacting to this, but what part of it calls for the
program to be Mandatory? In other words, where does it say that any
individual HAS to turn in their collector car (or MV) for scrapping IF
they don't want to?

My personal objection to it would be that what it looks like, on closer
inspection, is an attempt at more tax-sponsored corporate welfare, this
time directed at the automotive industry. But I fail to see where or
how this is supposed to become mandatory on ALL vehicles over 15 years
old- although it should be watched CLOSELY for potential amendments AND
it might be opposed on a "No more corporate welfare" stance.

Or maybe I just missed something?

Jay Travis