Re: [MV] The other side of the story

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 11:47:08 PST

Hi Jack,

>Opinionated folks are usually the ones who understand the issues and are
>informed.

I wish I agreed with this, but personal experience has shown me that this
is not the case. While most people who ARE informed usually have strong
opinions, too many people with strong opinions are not well informed at
all. The "mushy" masses are just that... mushy and with little to
contribute to a debate.

>The ones with the mushy opinions or no opinions at all are more
>than likely without a clue. I agree with most of what you said, but I
>just wanted to clarify one thing.....I HOPE you're not saying that, Enron
>notwithstanding, Clinton is not a sorry ass degenerate worm who infested
>the Whitehouse rather than occupied it.

Not at all. I think Clinton should have resigned or have come clean when
the accusations first arose and then resigned if the public requested it.
 But I wasn't happy to hear about the "fine, upstanding moral character"
of some of the Republicans who sat in judgement of him during the House
Impeachment proceedings. Cripes, at least Clinton didn't knock up a
married woman like some of those sitting in judgement of him in the House
of Reps...

Steve