Re: [MV] CHEAP (er) 24 to 12 volt converters, if you care

From: Ed Kirkley (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat Feb 23 2002 - 13:17:56 PST

Hi Richard,

I don't understand why the CUCV M1009 has that system either. It's very
strange when you get into it. The two 12 VDC batteries are in series to
provide 24 volts to the two way radio system and some other items on the
truck but the basic truck is 12 VDC! The lights, turn signals, glow plugs
and a lot of other items are 12 VDC. As a matter of fact there is a lead
off of one of the batteries that goes directly to the glow plug system! It
goes into a reducer that takes the 24 VDC and changes it into 12 VDC! I'm
sure that the more experienced CUCV people on the list will have a lot more
information on the subject and I will bow to them for more details if
needed.

I have been running 12 VDC off of one of my batteries since I've had the
truck with no problems. I use it to run a lot of items but only when the
truck is running. I also have had the Solargizers installed, (one per
battery), since I've had the truck and recommend them highly.

Best Regards,

Ed Kirkley KG4OUJ
1984 M1009
M103 Trailer