Re: [MV] CLEANING SMALL PARTS

From: Nigel Hay (Nigel@milweb.net)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 01:15:33 PST

When I was dong my halftrack, I bought two 45 gallon drums of surplus USAF
aircraft standard paint stripper (from a dealer who bought it at DRMO in
UK) - it worked brilliantly - even better when warmed up - took 24 hrs of
soaking to shake off even the toughest old paint. Then sandblasting small
parts in the cabinet was so muich quicker and more effective as all thats
left is a powdery paint residue that just washed off.
Cant remeber what it was
called but the engineers at the aircraft workshops next door to me said it
beat anything they had ever used - I recall it was about 100USD per 45
gallon drum so pretty cheap. The company I got it from was Green and
Carter - you can find them on www.milweb.net I guess they could tell you
what its called so it must be avaialble in USA

Definately not suitable for children though.....Nige