Garlic Farts and MB & GPW JEEP restorations

From: aussierob (aussierob@odyssey.net)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 07:05:48 PST

Hello Listers This post has two topics... & both are On Topic.
Topic One: My MB and GPW WW2 Jeep Rebuilds
Topic Two: Garlic Farts in the Home - Workshop & SuperMarket aisles
and, How these Farts give me the Willys !

This has MV content/ment
The Garlic Farts are due to enjoying my work... WW2 GPW Jeep rebuild so much
that, I wip up a few thick tasty french bread stick sandwiches subs. These
are generously laced with diet margarine and lotsa finely shaved garlic
cloves. A warmed Garlic Bread meal like this isolates me from the wife and
daughters. They banish me to the garage. But, just like the story of the
Rabbit who yelled, "do anything to me, but, don't toss me in the briar
patch" ! Well, of course, like the rabbit I could live in my new garage with
my new mig and my rusty jeep tub that is being drilled apart as we speak for
a full frame up restoration. I have it nicley heated/warmed and my MV wings
are soaring wildly. I go out there for hours on end ...not bothering to
answer the phone either.
I am presently doing the time consuming detail of drilling spot welds to
remove the rusty tub panels and repair the same. I have the pristine chassis
all done and painted. For the salted North East, this jeep frame is in mint
condition. However the tub's did not fare so well with the salt.

At this time, I have the engine away for it's rebore and crank grind. Two
weeks ago I started the front axle rebuild ...and am videotaping this step
by step process. One year ago I made the T-90 Step by Step Video Rebuild.
This tape is available to everyone at $13.50 It runs 1hr 38mins with lots
of close-ups and lots of detail.

What prompted my post was a note from Cougarjack... who wrote to another
postee, Re- Aberdeen swap meet and MV Show in May11th 12th & 13th 2002
I'll personally offer you a shady chair and a cold brewski, let you pet my
dog, and Aussie Rob promises not to fart too near you. You may win the door
prize, which is a snap to claim after filling in the proper transfer forms
and arranging for flatbed service... LOL!

Regards to all MVers
Rob P.
Upstate Ny area near Syracuse.
'42 MB Been to #ell and back Runs beautifully.
'$? GPW in the throes of a frame up restore.
'44 MB USMC Radio Jeep - very rare, stuck engine, rusty tub however, this
jeep will run again
'46 CJ2A Fully Rebuilt Eng. not yet intsalled
'47 CJ2As Really Rusty one Runs (two jeeps)
Two CJ5s great engines - bad tubs
1, Surrey jeep. soon to have Toyota Celica eng. + Tranny