Re: [MV] multifuel injector problem

From: Ron (rojoha@mediaone.net)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 06:13:48 PST

Hi Mark and all:
    Any possible drivetrain damage pales compared to the damage that WILL
occur if you can't stop a runaway engine. If you JUST can't shutdown your
engine normally when you pull the STOP handle and the engine is just idling
(STOP handle just doesn't work) you have time to open the hood and explore
your options. BUT if the engine is in a true runaway, your options are VERY
limited. 5th gear, full brakes (foot and emergency) and a dumped clutch are
option one to try and save your baby, while engine RPM determines weather
you wish to risk your life or use option two which is bail and find shelter
to REAR of truck.
    When a runaway happens, you don't have a lot of time to consider your
options, you have to act or become a spectator.
    Ronzo