Love it or Leave it

From: G.R. Baker (tired_iron@mounet.com)
Date: Sat Mar 02 2002 - 06:41:03 PST

        I've held back as long as I can. I have owned several WWII vehicles
including an M16 Halftrack, Burma Ford, dozens of WCs, and a couple of GPWs,
sure they are from the "Big One" (By the way my father served in and was
permanently disabled in WWII), but most (not all) WWII vehicles that are
located in the U.S. have never been off U.S. soil, so I guess they don't
count either. If you "Purist Hobbyist" want to be correct on your Liberty
Vehicles go to Europe, or the Pacific and get one that we left over there.
The "WWII Only" mentality is very shallow, I myself have had much more fun
with the later model vehicles than with the WWII stuff, I never took my M16
thru the woods trail riding with a bunch of sticky fingered kids in it. Also
how many of the younger hobbyist can afford the price or restoration cost of
a WWII vehicle. I love all things green but to say that only this kind or
that kind are important just isn't right.
        As for non MV content sure I don't like to see some of it but I can reach
my delete key,the GL threads are MV related and it's great that David Wright
is willing to work with our hobbyist to make the process better. And as for
flaming Gene...well I bet you guys ran from the bullies on the playground as
well. It would be a very boring list without Gene's antics. He has been a
big help to me as well as most of you have. All in all what I want to say is
this...I feel the same about my country (The United States of America) as I
do this list...LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!

Let the flaming begin, I have a delete key and very thick skin.

G.R.Baker
MVPA 23220
M114A1 (and Various other M series)
http://tired-iron.mounet.com