Letters (and cookies!) to Afghanistan

From: John Stewart-Smith (john_stewartsmith@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 14:24:46 PST

Mike, I applaud your thoughtfulness. When I was in the Gulf, we received a
lot of mail (and cookies!) from children throughout the USA. It sure did
make a difference to us. All such letters came through a middleman
(middlewoman), I don't remember if it was 'Dear Abby' or 'Ann Landers'.
Check with them, the address is available from any newspaper and probably
also on the internet. The two ladies also used to forward mail (and
cookies!) to single GI's overseas every Christmas.
You have no idea how nice this is for the troops. I have seen hard men cry.
Thank you!