Re: [MV] perils of honesty

From: wwd@netheaven.com
Date: Sun Mar 10 2002 - 12:33:52 PST

So then what is that eBay thingy which says that 'all transactions are
insured by eBay' or whatever. I've glanced at it a few times. It seems to
imply some sort of ultimate insurance against a total rip-off like nothing
ever shipped or junk instead of what was pictured. Is my guess.

I just asked a seller if he would consider an escrow deal and he came back
with 'why?'. Well, he has 0 for a fb value, is wearing shades, is in
another country (Canada) *and* actually stated in the short 3 line
against sole ownership, but have I seen anyone actually bother to declare
this on eBay before? If this is not a good candidate for an escrow agent,
tell me what is. BTW, eBay doesn't apparently know the term 'escrow'- try
to search on it. Anyone know an escrow agent that is honest and cheap?

Bill

--
wwd@netheaven.com