Re: [MV] perils of honesty

From: J. Forster (jfor@quik.com)
Date: Sat Mar 09 2002 - 07:12:01 PST

Mike Pilcher wrote:

> The problem with leaving negative feedback is that you're setting yourself up
> to RECEIVE negative feedback in retaliation. Ever notice that most folks wait
> for YOU to leave feedback so that they can respond in a like manner? Check it
> out. Find ANYBODY who has negative feedback, then check out the other person
> in the transaction and see if they don't have retalitory feedback. I've never
> found an exception.

That's the problem. A shady seller can sell crap, and if you leave negative FB,
he will retaliate. Therefore noone leaves negative FB and the baddies get away
with it.

> If you protect your feedback rating, then due to the Ebay system, you can't
> leave negative feedback.

No. You can't leave ANY FB until the other guy does.

> Lots of good MV stuff there, but be careful about dealing with folks who have
> much negative feedback.

I got neutral FB because I was honest about the transaction. Would you be more
hesitant to deal with me?

-John