Re: [MV] perils of honesty

From: J. Forster (jfor@quik.com)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 13:03:42 PST

Dave Cole wrote:

> As long as they make their money they are happy. They play a real balancing act. I believe they provide the absolute minimum service to make their money.
>
> Maximize profit while minimizing investment. That's the name of the game.

Right on target, IMO.

> I don't believe they have any visions of any kind of higher duty.
>
> Dave

Agreed, although they are effectivrely a monopoly at this point. I don't like government regulation much, but where there is no competition, there perhaps should
be oversight of some sort. The need would be less, if ebay were genuinely responsive to complaints and problems, but it's obviously an act. Their attitude is
basically "If you don't like the way we work, take your business to another phone company..".. OOPS.. Dr. Freud, your slip is showing. LoL

-John