Re: [MV] Further Transport issues with Ferret/Dingo

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 16:29:52 PST

In a message dated 3/13/02 6:56:49 PM Central Daylight Time,
rmgill@mindspring.com writes:

<< I'd rather have the load under weight and be cherry, than have the
 weight over and have some DMV police officer give me a hard time.

<< What are the weights and dimensions of the Ferret and Dingo?

 The ferret is the heavier and larger of the two. It masses a bit over
 4 tonnes (8500 lbs) and is 12' long by 6' 2" wide

>From the data plate of the M35A1 (A2 similar)
Payload Highway 10,000 lbs
front axle 6,842 lbs
intermediate 8,344 lbs
rear 8,344 lbs
Total 23,530 lbs

So unless the DMV is patrolling off-road, you should be slick.

FYI, for the M55 these numbers, according to TM are:
20,000
9574
12630
12630