Re: [MV] Further Transport issues with Ferret/Dingo

From: Dave Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 22:33:45 PST

If you want to get there fast, and you want to cover some serious miles without going nuts due to the ride, etc; I would seriously consider a long wheelbase semi tractor. There are scads of them around for $5000
or less. Buy one with 500-700K miles on it. Many of them will run up to 900K without problems. Remove the fifth wheel, put a flat bed on it and you are set. There is a guy near me that hauls a dozer on the back
end of a converted semi tractor. He has long ramps that fold down from the back. You can even get airconditioning that way. That could be handing in Mid August during a 500 mile drive.

Dave