Re: [MV] Further Transport issues with Ferret/Dingo

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 15:35:33 PST

In a message dated 3/13/02 4:49:56 PM Central Daylight Time,
rmgill@mindspring.com writes:

<< a. Reliable enough, or fixable to being reliable enough for
 long distance drives (not many a year, but enough that I don't want
 to be breaking down in the middle of no-where).
    b. Capable of carry a 5-6 ton load (4.5 ton vehicle) with
 capacity enough for extra bits and the loading gear (ramps, chains,
 etc) for supporting the load correctly.

 Would an M54 work in this case? >>

An M55 would likely carry BOTH your vehicles on road, an M54 would be more
than adequate for one, and an M35A2 would probably do as well....remember the
2.5 ton load rating is cross country, 5 ton on highway....and before anyone
casts stones that the armored car would be pushing it to the limit, I'll
point out that the deuce mounted contact maintenance truck (similar to its 5
ton brother), the M292 expansible vans, and quite likely the water
purification trucks all exceed that 2.5 or 5 ton rating when mission ready.

The deuce is the much less expensive choice.

My .02,
David Doyle