GL got me good!

From: JaxInCalifornia@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 20:37:00 PST

The auction that ended today had a number of camera items I was interested in after several days of scanning the items. I planned to wait close to the end of the auction and place a few bids. In the final hour I tried to log on to the main auction lot from those windows/pictures at the top of the main page and nothing happened. Repeated tries and still nothing. In fact I was never able to connect to the bidding via the lot number. So I tried another route. I used the key word method and was able to find a couple of items, but I was now 20 minutes into the process and the time was drawing near for the auction to close.

I picked an item and tried to bid on it, but now I was told my bidding was suspended for an unpaid credit card charge! Huh, what the $#&$%@&*! are these idiots talking about? I don't owe these #@#$%^&*# people anything and I have no idea where this came from. But, right or wrong, it was enough to lock me out of bidding.

Looking back, even if they thought I owed them something, which I absolutely do not, I was never billed and nothing popped up till I tried to bid! There is nothing in my invoice section either!

At the time was pretty mad for having wasted 3 days scanning the auction items and planning for a number of bids. I e-mailed them and complained, but naturally the auction has come and gone and I have received no respone to my e-mail, but whatever happens next I am still S-O-L.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Jack