Re: [MV] Kids and MVs

From: Ron (rojoha@attbi.com)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 11:15:22 PST

OR father-DAUGHTERS.....Both of mine have driven OUR deuce. And the oldest
one (just turned 13) has started turning wrenches on HER M38A1 (or so she
thinks). As an added benefit to owning a deuce, I make her ride on the
right side of the truck in the summer behind her mother. The stench of
diesel exhaust and diesel 'slobber' all over her from the non turbo engine
stack tends to keep the riff raff at bay.
    Now if we can just figure out a way how to keep the 443rd Motorized
Parts Scrounger Battalion from Vermont from repeating the 'GMMVC Incident'*
at Weare this year.....
    And yes Kerry, you are fortunate to be in a club. MVMVC would never
allow a scoundrel such as yourself into our august presence. (Hankie was a
moment of weakness...)

* The 'GMMVC Incident' was when the members of the GMMVC conducted a night
time raid on the M35A2 park at the Weare Rally last year. They intended to
steal, er procure, better tools for their pioneer tool racks from other
rally goers trucks. But the only people with tools in the pioneer racks were
the ones from GMMVC. ( We had been warned about this odd behavior of theirs
by a New York club and had taken pre-emptive action). Hence they procured
each others tools that night. They were very indignant when they found out
that they were the only ones missing tools in the morning. I now believe
that it was all a machiavellian plot by one Kerry Bernstein to create a
market for his 'Pioneer Tool Rack Locking Bracket' recently advertised right
here on this very list. So far, every member of the GMMVC has purchased
one.