Re: [MV] Kids and MVs WIll we die with them?

From: Steve & Jeanne Keith (cckw@attbi.com)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 07:17:17 PST

One thing that came to mind when reading Ross's reply is that there are
extremely few of our children
that have an active interest in the hobby. Sure my boys love my M151 but
that is for 4-wheeling! I tell
them to help me get the 'fleet' to Weare (and hopefully back) each year, but
that is their sole involvement.

In my club (MVMVC) we have very few young people. It is the same way in
other antique hobbies as well.

So the question arises: What happens to our treasures in 20-30 years when we
are: dead, can't remember
what an HMV is, can't drive them, etc?

I have been thinking about this some lately. Do I want these treasures that
I have spent vast amount of money and time on to go to the scrap metal yard,
or be purchased by someone wanting to go logging with them?

Now is the time to start thinking about this.....

Steve AKA Dr Deuce(s)