Re: [MV] Kids and MVs WIll we die with them?

From: Ryan M Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 10:56:52 PST

At 10:17 AM -0500 3/26/02, Steve & Jeanne Keith wrote:
>[snip]
>So the question arises: What happens to our treasures in 20-30 years when we
>are: dead, can't remember
>what an HMV is, can't drive them, etc?

Keep the presence up and more people will move into it. I've been
eyeing old MVs for years. I've met a few other young folks that are
just as interested as I was several years ago.

Keep in mind, unless you bequeath these things to someone they'll get
auctioned off or sold as part of the estate to folks that may not
find them as interesting (worse case is sold as scrap). Think about
what happens to your MVs after you pass on. There are young people
out there that are interested, you just have to get them involved.
I've managed to get a slightly younger friend in the GAMVPA. I've got
two other friends that I'm currently working on. They are barely out
of college so they're far from the point at which they could afford
something in any reasonable condition.

I'm 30. I have a ferret and a dingo now due to the awful incident of
my mother passing away at age 55. I thought it would be years before
I'd afford some WWII vehicle. As it stands I have taken a step
forward in my collection, but with a very high cost.

--
--
- Ryan Montieth Gill                         '01 Honda Insight -