Re: [MV] [MVlist] CUCV Blazer Rubber Floor matting and Insulation

From: Ed Kirkley (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 08:36:37 PST

Hi Bruce,

Mine too came without a rubber mat installed. I was lucky and found a VERY
low mileage unit and so far have found no leaks. I drive this unit every
day so the noise level is very important to me and without some kind of mat
or liner the noise level is unacceptable. I think the problem, (from what
I've heard from friends in the military), was that when an op was over the
guys would hose out the floor of the truck and park it. The water would
then of course stand, soak into the insulation mat and of course cause rust.
I don't intend to hose mine out and I hope that it doesn't develop leaks!

If anyone knows of a better way to help reduce the sound level please let me
know. I would love to have all options open.

Thanks,

Ed Kirkley KG4OUJ
1984 M1009
2 trailers