Re: [MV] Sand Blasting

From: wwd@netheaven.com
Date: Sun Mar 31 2002 - 06:19:03 PST

>We could open the can of worms about water blasting also - I have done
>this where you use high pressure washer and inject blast media into water
>stream - it works very well and does not require elaborate hood and
>breathing apparatus that air blasters do; and if using a large enough
>pressure washer is just as effective, although is harder on sheet metal
>for the force striking surface is higher than an air blaster. Surface
>rust is tremendous problem unless you also inject something into water
>stream to control this.

Interesting, but how do you inject the abrasive into the high pressure
side after the water pump?

Maybe I'll add some water to my (unused as yet) sealed sand-blasting unit.
What can it hurt as long as you have sufficient pressure to overcome any
clogging. Keep the dust down.

No, never blast directly into a sheet metal panel. Always work at a 45
degree angle. This way you won't pound it out of shape, plus it gets
directed away from you. In addition I only blast when the prevailing wind
is nice and steady so the sand piles up at the edge of the yard and the
dust goes into the woods.

Bill

--
wwd@netheaven.com  To the warriors go the spoils of war; to the hindmost .  .  the surplus.