Re: [MV] Auction results

From: DAS (minimade@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Apr 04 2002 - 17:18:05 PST

Jack et al
    I suggest you listers on the west coast look into offshore vehicle
purchases.I have bought in Okinawa Japan where there is no competion but for
good reason. Another front-line location is Korea. But beware of
"quotes"from a shipper in a closed market such as Okinawa----They excluded
certain charges on the quote, and charged me $1700 per hour to drive 2ea
cucv pickups into each container...a seminar I hope you can take from me and
not learn the hard way.Germany is a reasonable container ship or ro/ro to
the east coast as well,although I have not gotten a load from Europe yet.
        My $.02