Re: [MV] Shelters @ KUBLO'S

From: wwd@netheaven.com
Date: Fri Apr 19 2002 - 08:16:46 PDT

>They are in N Pa- West of Scranton and west of Clarks Summit off I-81

This is INCORRECT or at least completely confusing ! !

KUBLO'S SURPLUS is located about 10 miles (as the crow flies) south of
Binghamton, NY in Brackney, PA. But Brackney is better known as 'Indian
Lake' and neither are on the Road Atlas (Rand-McNally). They are 1 mile
south of Tucker's General Store. Just across from the store is a road that
crosses the middle of the lake. As you enter an open area you will see a
grassy knoll on your left with the horizon FILLED WITH DEUCES ! ! You
have arrived!

To get there from the North:

    InterState 81- coming south from Binghamton, NY - get off at KIRKWOOD
EXIT (last exit in NY).

Then cross over to NY 7 (south) which shortly becomes PA 29. Continue
south for 5 miles and make a RIGHT at Lawsville Center (up hill) toward
Laurel Lake. If you see a boat dealer with many boats on either side of
Route 29, you have gone 1.5 miles too far!

As you climb the long hill, you will not go as far as Laurel Lake since
the first lake is the one you want. TUCKER's General Store is up about 6
miles from Route 29. At the store, cross the lake and go 3/4 mile to
KUBLOS.

To get there from the South:

    Interstate 81 to New Milford exit, then west on Route 706 to Route 29
North, just before Montrose, PA.

Caution: Don't even THINK of getting off InterState 81 at
Great-Bend/Hallstead. You can't get there from there! :o)

To get there from the west: Choconut & St. Joseph, PA take Laurel Lake Rd
east.

Phone # 570-663-2805 Call BEFORE going, esp if you need heavy items
loaded!! Ken always says he's 'nearby' but he was off somewhere hauling
back new inventory when I showed up unannounced.

Right now, April 18th, there are a dozen pickup-sized shelters in GOOD
condition. They need cleaning and painting is all. Some have heaters/ac
units in place or removed, leaving a window/portal. These show no serious
dings, fork punctures, corrosion, etc.

Trailers: a full assortment of all types.
Big shelters: clean new-style deuce S-330's. At least 3 nice ones.

>How much for a shelter? They had only a few beat-up ones when I was there
>last Fall....
>How many "like-new" ones now? Do that have anything in them or are they
>stripped out?

They are 'de-milled' stripped of electronics, but most external
connections are there. Some have sturdy tower supports attached to the
left of entry door. Water stains on floor are from doors being left open-
roofs all seem to be perfect.

Worth the trip- not to be missed. Did I say Call First??
Bill

--
wwd@netheaven.com  To the warriors go the spoils of war; to the hindmost .  .  the surplus.