Frame or Body noises

From: Amnon (amnon@deltaforce.net)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 08:05:06 PDT

Here is another one.

While making a right or left turn (sharp), something is happening under the
cab which cause a noise of loud metal knocking on metal, sometime one knock,
sometime two knocks. If I make a 90 and another 90 right away, only the
first time generates the noise. It won't happen until the next time I turn
the other way. Since I always associated it with turning I assumed the
steering box mounting bolts were loose enough that when a sharp turn was
made the whole box was flexing the other way , but it is all tight as far as
I can tell. I then noticed that it also happen when going slow on an uneven
surface, sort of like when the truck is being twisted lengthwise (front axle
and rear axle forming something like an "X". It is not as loud but enough
to be alarming. This is when I realized that when it happens while driving
it is alway when going above a certain speed when making the turn, and the
truck obviously twists. If the 90 degrees turn is made from a stand still,
no noise. The noise alway accures when the front end tilts left or right.

Only thing that I could think of is a cracked frame somewhere, but I can't
see any evidence of such.

Anybody else experienced this?

Shalom Ya'll
Amnon Nissan