Tanks, Tanks, and more Tanks!

From: Jonathan Boos (acfarer@cox.net)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 13:36:06 PDT

Folks,
    A week or so ago I had the sublime pleasure of getting a tour of Jaques
Littlefields tank collection. He has the largest privately owned collection
of armor in the world. His 460 acre ranch is in Portola Valley, CA.
    He has everything from Mules and Kettenkrads to British "Conqueror"
tanks and SCUD missle launchers (with a dummy SCUD on board). Soviet T-55s,
Shermans, Pattons, you name it. I took about 150 pictures and had the time
of my life. I asked about setting up a tour for the other folks in our
hobby, and they said that all I needed to do is call and find out what dates
are open. This collection is not open to the general public, but they offer
tours to groups on a regular basis. If there is enough interest, (20 -30
people) I will look into getting a date. If you are interested, please
contact me at acfarer@cox.net .
    Portola Valley is just south of San Francisco nestled in the foothills
by Stanford University and Menlo Park. If you can travel or are in the area,
I highly recommend taking this tour. You won't soon forget it.
Regards to all,
Jonathan