Re: [MV] Deuce bed I.D.?

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Sat Apr 27 2002 - 21:44:40 PDT

In a message dated 4/27/02 11:28:20 PM Central Daylight Time,
ygmir@onemain.com writes:

<< Hi all,
 a friend dropped off what he thought was an M35 bed for me to use in a
 project.
 I'm guessing, though, it's not.
 The dimensions are correct, but, it has fenders inside. Also, it has a funny
 hinged, wedge shaped center section in the tailgate that goes about half way
 down and is almost as wide as the gate its self.
 I know it's probably simple, but I'm not familiar with it, and don't want to
 cut up or change something someone else might really need. >>

You have accurately described the bed used on M34 and M135 cargo trucks. I
can provide manufacturers part numbers if you want to verify it. The data
plate is on the outside front panel on the driver's side. The tailgate also
has one more hinges as I recall. Wanna run super singles? The RIGHT way to
do this, according to the folks that designed the trucks 50+years ago,
involves installing this bed (this is fact, not fantasy). The sideboards,
troop seats, bows, and canvas are different for this bed as well.

Hope this helps,
David