Re: [MV] Off topic. Scam Mail

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Fri May 03 2002 - 20:47:46 PDT

Hi Adam,

>Actually there are many agencies who are looking into these scams..

Sorry about that, I should have been more specific. This is a scam and
not a real party trying to launder money illegally through legit bank
accounts. Since these scams are a dime a dozen I doubt law enforcement
is very much interested in them. However, there are plenty of scam/urban
legend tracking sites out there who at least accumulate knowledge about
these operators.

My own 2 cents... anybody fool enough to lose money on something like
this shouldn't have money in the first place. Some scams are
sophisticated and look legit even to government bodies (like Enron, for
example). People taken in by such scammers have all my sympathies. But
these comedic attempts to part me with my money are just that...
laughable. Anybody fool enough to fork over their money like that is
worthy of pity at best. Of course, the scammers should always be
prosecuted if caught. Preferably strung up by certain body parts, but
times have changed so that won't happen any time soon :-)

MV content... is it just me, or does everybody accumulate parts faster
than can possibly be stuck onto a [fill in blank with rustbucket project]
sitting neglected as you slave away to earn more money to buy more parts
even faster? Honestly, I think the MV parts market is the biggest scam
going since all I do is buy someone else's inventory so that it can sit
on my shelves instead of theirs!

Joking of course :-)

Steve