Re: [MV] GL

From: Ralph Dennis (res04bxm@verizon.net)
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 18:23:51 PDT

For what it's worth, both David Wright and David Hess have been extremely
helpful in getting through title/SF97 problems for me and have (so far)
solved all the before-mentioned problems.

If any of you received any value from the AZ titles GL used to get for us
then let David Hess (dhess@govliquidation.com) know that you want the
service and how much you'd like to pay for it if it were optional. If
enough people are interested maybe they can find a way to streamline their
process and bring it back - Here in California I can use the AZ title to
skip the pain-in-the-ass VIN inspection and all the trouble that goes with
it. Walk in and walk out with a transferable title, even if the
windows/doors/bald tires/whatever have not been fixed. That's worth 90 bucks
and two months to me every day of the week.

Ralph Dennis

P.S. Sorry if this point is moot by now - I get emails delayed in the
"digest" mode.

ORIG MESSAGE:

Kenny,

Correct me if I'm wrong...but isn't what GL is now apparently doing pretty
much what the Government did all along? I bought my M816 through the GSA, so
I can't claim first-hand knowledge of buying from an actual DRMO. I just
received a Form 97 and had to go get an actual title from my home state. It
seems that this is exactly what GL is now doing. It took me less than an
hour (some discussion with the DMV was necessary :))to get my title. It
seems that is a whole lot better than the months of waiting that many List
members have commented on with GL trying to produce actual titles for the
vehicles that they have sold. Have I missed something?

John

Anybody noticed the absence of David Wright on the list lately? I sent him
an email direct on Monday and it's still unanswered. It appears that GL has
changed their title policy again. Now the fine print states that they (GL)
will assign the form 97 on an "as is, where is" basis. Awe heck, read it
yourself, its attached. Basically they accept no responsibility on the
accuracy of the SF97 and no longer provide a title of any sorts. Either
the
SF97 has to come in our name or the SF97 has been changed to make it
transferrable. If anybody has experienced this yet, post your experience
for the list. Thanks....Kenny

GL Wording;
Transfer of Title to Vehicles

All vehicles sold by Seller are covered by "The United States Government
Certificate to Obtain Title to a Vehicle" (Form 97). Upon completion of any
sale of vehicles by Seller to Buyer, Seller will assign the Form 97 to Buyer

on an "as is, where is" basis. Buyer understands that the Form 97 contains
information provided by the Government that may not be accurate or complete.

Buyer is solely responsible for obtaining any state title or otherwise
registering the vehicle for use in any state or other jurisdiction. Seller
has no obligation to Buyer other than to assign the Form 97. Buyer is also
responsible for obtaining any necessary state or local permits permitting
Buyer to move any vehicle from the location of sale. Buyer agrees to defend,

indemnify and hold Seller harmless for Buyer's failure to comply with the
provisions of this Section. The effective date for the above provisions is
March 29, 2002.

Kenneth Engle
Loxahatchee, FL U.S.A.
AM General M-35A2