M1009 parts needed

From: Erik Lundquist (erik_lundquist@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon May 20 2002 - 09:14:45 PDT

Hello list-
Started to remove the old desert tan (yellowish) paint from my truck with a razor blade and a power washer. I ran into a large amount of body filler in the front quarter panels(and other places), its over a 1/4" thick and has had holes drilled in the panel to pull dents. So im in need of both front outer fenders and a passenger side inner fender well. I know that i could use parts of a civilian truck but here in Wisconsin thats usually not a very good option. I'm a little upset at this discovery since i had bought the truck from a place in the south that advertises in Military Vehicle Magazine as having "rust free trucks. Of couse bondo isn't rust and its my fault for not being a more aware consumer, but after a three month wait i was more than ready to get on the road. Any leads to finding these will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance,
Erik Lundquist

If you could reply to my email address i would appreciate it, since i dont always get all the messages in a thread.