Re: [MV] Paint colors required for 4 color camo pattern

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Mon May 20 2002 - 15:51:43 PDT

Bruce,
As we speak, I am trying to finish up an article for Military Vehicles
Magazine on this very subject.
In the mean time, perhaps this will help....
The four color camo can consist of a wide combination of colors (as can the 3
color), depending on the geographic area, and season of year. However there
is a finite number of colors (11 to be specific) that are correct to use in
this scheme. Color chips are found in TC 5-200, and the patterns are in TB
43-0209 (October, 1976). The most commonly applied scheme breaks down as
follows:
45% Forest Green NSN 8010-00-111-7937 FSN 34079
45% Light Green NSN 8010-00-111-7930
5% Sand or earth red or earth yellow, whatever closest matches soil in area
truck is based. NSN 8010-00-111-7988 OR 8003 OR 7968 FSN 30277
5% Black NSN 8010-00-111-8005

NOTE: SOMETIMES in this country you will find vehicles with the second 45%
being Field Drab NSN 8010-00-111-7943 FSN 30118

The NSN's listed above are from the TB 43-0209, and the FSN numbers are from
Rapco's literature, which I haven't been able to verify yet.

Hope this helps,
David

In a message dated 5/20/02 10:49:01 AM Central Standard Time, RKubu@aol.com