RE: [G104] Re: Sherman DD recovery in Italy

From: Geoff Winnington-Ball (gwball@sympatico.ca)
Date: Tue May 21 2002 - 07:07:31 PDT

Morning all,

Here's a poser for you then... in the movie THE LONGEST DAY,
there's a brief scene on the British beach during which a DD
Sherman roars by in the background with its flotation canvas
collapsed & stowed. I honestly can't remember what model of Sherman
that was, and I'm at work so I can't put on the video to see...
:-)

Any idea which tank that was, was it original, did it survive,
and could it be your No. 5 or No. 7?

Geoff

Regards,

Geoff Winnington-Ball
MAPLE LEAF UP! ==>
Zephyr, Ontario, Canada
<sunray@mapleleafup.org>
Maple Leaf Up - The Canadian Army Overseas in WW2
http://www.mapleleafup.org
1st Canadian Armoured Carrier Regiment
http://www.1cacr.org