Re: [MV] More M1009 questions

From: Amnon (amnon@deltaforce.net)
Date: Sun Jun 02 2002 - 16:20:32 PDT

> ring but every part interchanges. Also check ebay. The Warn hubs fit
Chevy
> 1/2 ton back to 68 and Chevy 3/4 tons back to 78 and some mid 77 models so
> its a very common hub.

Ahhhh Ken, I am glad you mentioned that (1/2 & 3/4 ton). I was told by Andy
that the truck is a 3/4 ton and has 3/4 ton suspension and drive train. I
was then told by a four wheeler friend of mine that it is not a 3/4 ton but
a 1/2 ton, because the diff only has so many bolts (I think he said 10) and
a 3/4 ton should have 12. I looked under a known 1/2 ton K5 and the
driveshaft is a lot thinner than the one on the M1009 that I have.

How can one REALLY tell which one is it?

Shalom Ya'll
Amnon Nissan

Deltaforce
919-852-2121