Re: [MV] More M1009 questions

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Sun Jun 02 2002 - 16:46:43 PDT

Amnon and list,
Let me try to square this up as easily as I can. Your M1009 is rated as a
3/4ton truck and has some upgrades to make it such for the military. In
reality it is virtually the same as a civillian blazer which is a 1/2 ton.
Your axles will interchange with any civillian blazer from 81 thru 88. 73
thru about 80 blazers did have a 12 bolt rear and up till mid 77 had a dana
44 front axle. On the same page the M1008 is rated at 1 1/4 ton but is
nearly identical to a civillian 1 ton. I am not wise with CUCV electronics
but I am with driveline. The 3/4 ton civillian trucks did have 8 lug
suspension but had the same front axle as the 1/2 tons with the exception of
parts from the spindle out. Hope this helps, Kenny

Kenneth Engle
Loxahatchee, FL U.S.A.
AM General M-35A2
Fruehauf M105A1