M151' s A1's and A2's at Albany GA DRMO also 100's of Humvvees.Hell

From: SETOYOTA@aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 13 2002 - 18:51:47 PDT

Hello List

Just thought I would share my experiences today. I was the winner of a few
lots at the Albany GA DRMO. This was my first time ever going there and boy
what a sight. Unfortunately I did not have my camera.

To my surprise there were probably 30 or more M151's in open air storage.
Most were in good condition and looked as new. These jeeps did not look like
they would be going to the bone yard any time soon. They were parked in rows
with several new humvees. The Mutts were in camo, green, and desert tan.

There were a couple of mutts sitting in the government liquidation lot. One
was an A1 which surprised me as I thought all of these would be crushed or at
least removed from any base. The other was an A2. Both of these were in sad
shape. The GL guy said he wished he could sell them but knew he couldn't. I
couldn't talk him into letting me just load one up.

There were rows and rows of new Humvees. The still had AM General stuff on
them and have never been issued. In the distance was a field of 5ton
tractors but I did not get close to them.

The amazing thing was there were hardly any people and I had practically free
rain over the complex.

Chuck Herbert
Warner Robins GA