Re: [MV] M35 brake advise needed TONIGHT

From: ddoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 13 2002 - 18:58:19 PDT

The brake system on the G-742 series trucks (M-35 type), with the exception of the M-35A3 family is a single circuit system. IF there is a major hydraulic failure, you have NO brakes. You need to decide for yourself if you have enough confidence in your mechanical ability to save 300 bucks by rebuilding the air-hydraulic cylinder yourself.
There was an article in the most recent issue of Military Vehicles Magazine which showed step by step how to rebuild this, as well as how to diagnose problems.
BEWARE, one of the popular TM's has WRONG rebuild instructions in them. That information can be found in the MV archives (I lost all that info and a lot more when my computer died a couple weeks ago).

Regards,
David