Re: [MV] Prop Shaft

From: Paul A. Thomas (pt@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Thu Jun 13 2002 - 21:16:13 PDT

> Hi Paul I know it to late now but next time check into one of the large
rollback (semi-type) the one I have used was
> made by Landoll and it was a lot easier to use, the cost was the same
and best of all it will load two M35 at the same > time. The more the
merrier. Wayne

Hi Wayne

        Rollback? Like a low boy? Every commercial wrecking service, including
Bay Pointe Tow, suggested that first. The problem was that I have to put
the truck in the back yard, which fronts on a semi major two lane road with
only 20' of easement... I pulled down the fence, he moved to block the road
and back it in... got it first try but took a small second shot to make it
perfect, missing all trees within 1' on either side of where the Deuce sits
now.... ( I used to tow and move things with an M543A2 in the Army: I was a
little green with envy as he did this with tree limbs blocking his view of
the target: just used my hand signals to get it in.. )

        As he had to push the Deuce up hill a little, a trailer wouldn't have
worked.
          The only thing that went wrong was that the truck lies there rear end
in: if the nose had been pushed in I might have been able to uncoil the
winch line and wrap it around a tree farther uphill, thus making sure the
darned thing won't roll through the fence in the middle of the night.
        Next MilVeh I won't make the same mistake. :}

                Paul