Re: [MV] My M35 brakes again

From: kuhrick (kuhrick@comcast.net)
Date: Sat Jun 15 2002 - 20:38:19 PDT

At 09:00 PM 6/15/02 -0500, jonathon wrote:
>Joe,
>

>I thought I would be smart like you and just remove the drum from the hub so
>as to not have to remove the whole hub and get into the bearing mess. But it
>didn't work. After I had the whole hub/drum off and all nuts removed I
>tried hitting it with large hammer (with a board in between!) and it would
>not move so I gave up on that idea. Best to keep them together. Besides,
>you going to need that 3" 8 point socket someday, might as well get it now!
some remove the bearing net to take tham off and some times in cars with
lots of miles on a bake job the brake shoes have to bew backed off
the face of the brake drum will ware ware the shoes tuch and not out
the open side ware the shoes dont
meaning its biger ware the shoe is and gets smaller ware the shoes are not
making the need to back the shoes off
how you do that i dont know
some trucks have a star wheel agestmet and other ones use a cam for each shoe
on the bottem not a split thingy ware the cups go
meaning one shoe gets the top puhed to stop and the other on same wheel
gets the buttem pushewd post ware dodge cars (1948) for one
and i think with cars if you can see the shoes move thaY MITE A a little lose
a 1/248 of a in at the shoes mite be 4 in on the padel
and meen pumping the brakes

ken uhrick
m886
kb9yku