Re: [MV] what to bid on auctions

From: Julian Burke (julianb@esper.com)
Date: Fri Jun 21 2002 - 18:15:20 PDT

I'd trying to know how anyone would answer a question such as this!! If I
could answer it, I would be a billionaire! Seems to me in one of the
articles I wrote a while back, I mentioned looking in Wal-Mart or K-Mart to
see if they are selling crystal balls. Seems like they don't or are fresh
out because the stock market is still falling sharply. Why would anyone
need advice on how to bid if he/she wanted it for say, $800 but not $900??
I think the key in this paragraph is he says "I'm cheap". So always
remember: "If you are looking for something for nothing, that is exactly
and usually what you will find"!! TRY THIS METHOD: If it is worth $505 to
you, bid that. If it is worth $1005 to you, bid that and so on. Worrying
that you will get outbid by $1 is circumvented by bidding a few extra
dollars. You might get outbid by a tiny amount or you might "lay some money
on the table". We all do this all the time and anytime we bid at auction.
Anything asked beyond this will require the talents of a circus fortune
teller or ask your local bookie for his formula on the horses. You are
asking the same question!!! Julian