M8 Chemical Alarm / Vinson / TOW parts wanted

From: Winget, William A CONT JTFCS5G (winget@jfcom.mil)
Date: Mon Jun 24 2002 - 13:12:27 PDT

First off, they have Americium inside of them, (Just another Radioactive
Dangerous source) and they ARE scare as hell, but someone may have one, or
parts or even just the brackets to the old M8 Chemical agent alarm that we
used from the 70's through the 90's (Still use it only modernized)
This is the big box that sat on the fender of MUTTs, etc. had little paddles
you would change out every so often.
BIG base was a battery with a cable running up the side, and it had a tube
handle on top (held a Flow meter tube inside the end)

I'm looking for any bracket that held it to the Fender, (Maybe you took one
off your M series vehicle that they left on there as junk, it had a stiff
wire tie-down that pivoted from a mounted square plate with a small lip Real
nuisance when not mounted)
Also would LOVE The Alarm unit itself, any parts thereof. Goes with the
Dummy in the back dressed in MOPP Wearing a Mask, etc.
I had missed one on e-Bay a LONG while back. Then some safety guy chewed ME
out for the Americium inside it (I'm NOT going to eat the damn thing, and
spare me the radiological lessons please, NOT the place for them. Suffice
it to say I could dispose of the contaminated material properly though as I
can make those type contacts)

(On the subject: Some of our vehicle gauges have radioactive sources on
the needles and should NOT be taken apart....)

If someone has some Alarm related items, or the old Secure Radio "Vinson"
housing, or TOW Missile stuff (Gheez my list really pushes the envelope on
collecting.....)

I plan on sticking them on the TOW missile Jeep (Especially the Optics for
the Kids to look through) to make it a true 80's vintage Warrior.

Regards and have fun at the Show(s). I can't go due to my Sons expected
arrival but will suffer willingly compared to the wife's pains.

The Web Page: http://home.mindspring.com/~jhooah/index.html

W. Winget MVPA # 7119
Virginia

PS: Jeep made the 2003 Mil Vehicle Calendar (November), but was definitely
NOT restored at the time. I'm working on it though...... WAW