Re: [MV] 5 Ton Bridge trucks - use?

From: Dave Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 12:25:12 PDT

OK, that apears to be the trucks I have found. I know the military isn't too concerned about being over width, but these trucks appear to be overwidth for
regular road travel (ie > 8'-6".

Other than launching bridge boats, are these trucks useful for anything the way they are? David Doyle description mentions a pallet to transport BEBs?

What are BEBs?

The overwidth seems like a big problem for regular use.

I can almost justify my M51 to my wife, but a bridge truck???? Any ideas? Can these platforms be modified into a roll back for transport use?

Dave