Battlefield 1942

From: RKiser8375@aol.com
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 16:47:52 PDT

I know this isn't a videogame forum, but I just got through playing the most realistic WWII videogame ever produced. You can drive German Panzers, Tigers, Kubelvagens...US Shermans, jeeps, Higgins landing craft, etc. I was able to play a beta edition (pre-release) version of the game at Electronic Arts' corporate headquarters in Redwood Shores, CA. The game will be released in September. This is the most realistic simulation of military vehicles in combat that I've ever seen. There is a web page set up with demos, etc at http://www.ea.com/eagames/official/battlefield1942/home.jsp

Requisite MV content - they're having some sort of promotional media event on the USS Hornet in Alameda, CA in September, when the game is released. (Talk about having some clout!)

Just an FYI,
Regards,
Rob Kiser
DUKW