Re: [MV] M35A2 trans problem

From: Dave Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 15:13:14 PDT

I always thought that kind of problem was due to the clutch dragging on the flywheel and the pressure plate just a bit. The slight engagement due to clutch
drag puts torque on the shafts and prevent the gears from shifting easily, since they have pressure on them.

My one ton Chevy truck does that in all of the gears right now and I know it needs a new clutch. It doesn't do this when the truck is rolling at all, or at least it
isn't as noticable.

I don't know about having it happen in only one gear.

Dave