Re: [MV] M35A2 trans problem

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 17:14:53 PDT

Well, today I tried the numerous suggestions given on locating
the cause of my M35A2 transmission hanging up in fifth gear
when at a full stop. I've eliminated clutch drag, loose trans. bolts
and the shifter top. I swapped out the top with a known good one,
but the problem remains. I also tried pulling it out of fifth while the
motor was shut off, but it would not come out without starting the
motor and bumping the clutch. Fifth is the only gear giving me a
problem. As of this writing, I have the trans half out and will have
it all the way out tomorrow. Then I'll tear it down and see what I
can find.
Thanks to all for the suggestions,
Joe Young