Re: [MV] BTR/Dodge WS Fuel vaporisation

From: Gerry (gerry@marlab.dk)
Date: Wed Jul 24 2002 - 22:56:40 PDT

Hi Douglas

Had this problem myself as I guess just about every Dodge WC owner had had since they came out. The problem seems to be that the intake manifold is bolted directly on top of the exhaust manifold, and the carburettor is bolted of course directly on top of the intake manifold. So heat from the exhaust manifold just heats up the carburettor when the engine is stopped. My solution is to unbolt the intake manifold/exhaust manifold, and slip a 1mm sheet steel plate in between. Then the manifolds are bolted back together. This steel plate is then bent to form a kind of a "U", with sides high enough to reach up to just under the air filter. Then the steel plate is painted matt black to increase the heat dissipation. Works for me so maybe it will work on a BTR-40.

Regards
Gerry

Dr. Alfred Gerald Davison
Enghavevej 9A : 7800 Skive : Denmark Phone(+45) 51506146 : email gerry@marlab.dk