Re: [MV] Towing Civilian Trailer With Deuce?

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 06:44:54 PDT

>Does anyone have a technique that can be used to tow a civilian
>trailer with a deuce? I'd rather not drill any holes, but I'll do
>what I have to do.

I made a non-evasive hitch for mine. Take the lift/tiedown rings (clevis's
I guess you call them) off of the back. Then I made an A frame that picked
up these two points and dropped down to a purchased receiver tube unit. This
is made from 2x2x1/4" Sq tube with 3/8"thk ears that go up on each side of
the clevis mount. Use a 7/8" bolt/nut thru the clevis mounts and you can
install them thru an existing acces hole in the rear bumperette. Then I ran
two braces back and up to two unused holes in the next cross member forward.
I think these were made from 1-1/4x1-1/4x3/16 sq tube. Three seperate peices
in all and it all unbolts and lays flat for easy storage. I have pics on
film but I'd need to get them scanned. If your really interested I could try
to do that.

good luck,

je