Re: [MV] Towing Civilian Trailer With Deuce?

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 07:03:39 PDT

Hey that sounds like a better idea than what I did. Of course I wanted to
be able to pull a backhoe or other piece of equipment (short distances of
course) on my 9 ton trailer, so I removed the bumperettes and bolted flat
plate on the outside of the frame and welder heavy angle iron between the
two. I didn't want to weld to the frame, which is what most "professions"
around here do. I have tried to keep my deuce original but when that is not
possible I try to modify it in a way that I could remove the "added"
features if I wanted to. Bolts are easier to remove than a weld.

I hope to use the dump kit next week. I mounted a 24 volt electric pump
under the passengers seat to operate the dump. A few people have inquired
about the parts and so forth, so next week if it actually works I will get
back to them.

Any body know of a missile I could mount in the back of the truck that I
could raise the bed up to fire (I'm kidding of course?)?

Joe Trapp
67 Kaiser M35