Re: [MV] generator reccomendation/answer

From: J. Lee (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Wed Aug 07 2002 - 09:31:36 PDT

Hi Steve,

I think the DOD Mo MEP-005A, 30KW, skid mounted gen., might work. Only
problem is this was attached to a diesel engine and your engine may not work
right. The next possibility is the .... 006A which is larger, a 60KW, but
basically same setup. Could be others, but these are within your power
needs. Just not sure if a gas engine can be adapted to work direct without
a reduction gear, given the difference in RPMs. Might look for a running
version with a little diesel and forget trying to use your gas engine? I am
no expert on generators... this is just my opinion, somebody else out here
is I am sure and likely has the complete answer.

Jack Lee